Rotary Foundation Receives Top Honor
“While almost everyone is familiar with Rotary, not everyone may realize just how much an impact Rotary and the Rotary Foundation have had on countless people and communities across the globe,” said interim AFP President and CEO Jason Lee in a press release
What is a Rotarian?
• A Rotarian is a person who digs wells from which they will never drink,
• A person who vaccinates children they will never meet,
• Who restores sight for those they will never see,
• Who builds houses they will never live in,
• Who educates children they will never know,
• Who plants trees they will never sit under,
• Who feeds hungry people, regardless of race, religion or politics,
• Who makes crawlers walk half a world away,
• Who knows real happiness, which as Albert Schweitser said, can only be found by serving others.
District 9820 Youth Exchange
Youth Exchange offers:
The program offers numerous benefits to its young participants and their Rotarian hosts and mentors, as well as to the community at large. Through Youth Exchange, students learn firsthand about all aspects of life in another country. As their concept of the world expands, they mature and develop a deeper understanding of themselves. Immersion in another country’s educational system enhances their academic and personal growth. Host clubs and families and the entire community are enriched by extended, friendly contact with someone from a different culture